Monday, January 6, 2014

Miles Davis - The Tokyo Concert

Released 1969.06.06 (in Japan)
Recorded 1964.07.14
Kohseinenkin Hall, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan

Personnel
Miles Davis - Trumpet
Sam Rivers - Tenor Saxophone
Herbie Hancock - Piano
Ron Carter - Bass
Tony Williams - Drums


    Track Listing

    01. Introduction - If I Were A Bell
    02. My Funny Valentine
    03. So What
    04. Walkin'
    05. All of You


    I realize that this is not J - Pop nor J - Rock, but the performance was in Tokyo, and it was Miles, and I think that there are enough fans out there to justify this post. Ripped from a CBS / Sony Master Sound CD SRCS 9112, issued on 1996.09.21. Other Miles CBS / Sony Master Sound CDs which I own, although limited, are Bitches Brew, Sketches of Spain, and Four and More. If there are enough interest or request(s), I will post them. 


    4 comments:

    1. hey!
      thanks very much for this, corwyn - your work IS appreciated...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hey to you too!

        You are most welcome, and I am glad that you are enjoying the post!.I hope all goes well for you in 2014!

        Delete
    2. Hello,Corwyn!

      Great post on your beautiful Blog! Thanks a lot!
      And yes, please post the other Miles' works you've got!
      Thank you in advance!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hello Soullakis, Thank you for visit and your comments. I will work on posting the other Miles material when I get a chance to do so.

        Delete

    Flipper's Guitar フリッパーズ・ギタ - Doctor Head's World Tower

    3rd Album Released: 1991.07.10 Doctor Head's World Tower